Why use Xerte Online Toolkits?
Xerte enables users to easily create accessible, interactive, engaging e-learning resources, with no programming knowledge required.
What are the benefits for both creators and users?
- Tutors can create quality interactive learning resources, and students can also create resources for each other
- Xerte learning objects can be used online, or exported and used offline where connectivity is limited. It is also easy to share and adapt others' learning resources
- Xerte can be easily embedded in, or linked to from Moodle
- Put together different page types for different pedagogical purposes: presenting information, exploring alternative viewpoints, summative assessment, interactivity etc.
- Instant online access: click 'Publish' and set the object property to Public, and your learning resource is viewable on the web at the url supplied
- Mobile friendly: the resource export works on a wide range of smartphones and tablet devices
- Set more quizzes but do less marking: create self-marking quizzes enabling learners to self-test with instant feedback.