Featuring exhibitions from world-renowned artists alongside new arts stars of tomorrow; based in the University's Roland Levinsky Building, The Levinsky Gallery offers a sometimes provocative, sometimes beautiful and always thought-provoking experience.
All exhibitions are free and include associated events for you to learn more about the artists and exhibits through gallery tours and artist and curator talks, as well as fun events for all the family.
Previously featured artists include Turner prize winning artists Lubaina Himid and Douglas Gordon, award winning artists Tacita Dean and Vija Celmins, leading graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff and internationally acclaimed artist and sculptor Peter Randall-Page.
The Arts Institute is committed to supporting artist development and the creation of new work, regularly commissioning artists working across all art forms.
The Arts Institute's public programme promotes audience engagement, access to the arts, and directly supports emerging and established artists' careers. Please consider a donation to support development and delivery of our programme.
What's on this season
- Half Term Workshop: Living Sea Wall 21 October 2023 14:00 - 15:00
- Half Term Workshop: Seafloor Mapping 26 October 2023 11:00 - 12:00
- Half Term Workshop: Seafloor Mapping 26 October 2023 14:00 - 15:00
- Bitesize: From Plymouth to Antarctica, 25 years as a Scientific Diver 1 November 2023 13:00 - 13:45
- Bitesize: Poetry and Blue Humanities 15 November 2023 13:00 - 13:45
Visit The Levinsky Gallery
The Arts Institute, Roland Levinsky Building, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 7LG
The Levinsky Gallery, Monday–Friday 10:00–17:00, Saturday 12:00–17:00, Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays