You will be well supported
The KTP with Red Paddle Co has been highly beneficial for me personally as an academic and for my students. My industrial experience has previously been in the world of high value, one-off builds. Being able to bring some of that experience to, and learning about, the world of mass production has been very rewarding. It has provided me with a more diverse, current knowledge base for my lecturing, providing students with “real world” industrial problems to solve for their final year dissertations
Richard Pemberton, Lecturer in Mechanical and Marine Engineering Design
Benefits for academics as a result of KTPs*
- 92% of academics reported an improvement in their knowledge of industry challenges
- 81% of academics had developed more industry-relevant research
- 75% of academics had developed more industry-relevant teaching
- 62% of academics had generated publications as a result of KTPs
- 51% of academics had leveraged further commercial funding as a result of KTPs
- 48% of academics had progressed their career as a result of KTPs
- Applying knowledge to real-world issues with business-relevant teaching and research
- Creating new research projects and papers
- Generating valuable research income
- Discovering new research themes and contributing to the Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- Leading a rewarding and ongoing collaboration with innovative companies requiring research-based expertise to succeed
I’d recommend KTPs to other academics as this provided an opportunity to work in a dynamic setting and, while not that different from academic project management, the deliverable is a solution for industry.
Visiting Associate Professor (Reader)
It has been interesting to work with a real company on a real problem. It was a positive experience working with a friendly business and I was also able to visit one of their customers, to understand more about their use of automated production lines.
Associate Professor in Business Management & Operations
We actively work with a wide range of individuals, businesses and community groups to drive innovation and achieve professional goals.