- Obtain the necessary
- Apply for
accommodationand ensure that you have the appropriate funds readily available for any upfront fees that may be required.
- Familiarise yourself with our
international student welcome events.
- Buy travel tickets.
- Arrange any necessary insurance (e.g., private travel and health insurance).
- Check whether you need a transit visa.
- Ensure you have the documents listed above.
- Check your government’s restrictions on taking money out of the country.
- Ask at your bank about transferring money to the UK.
- If travelling by air, check your airline’s luggage allowance.
- Ensure you have British currency for use during your first few weeks.
- Book your first night’s accommodation if you are arriving late into Plymouth or another city in the UK.
- Check the UK Government website for the most up-to-date guidance on travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19).
- If you are staying in University-managed accommodation, please contact Accommodation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
We're looking forward to welcoming you to Plymouth and wish you a safe journey. Don't forget to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or need advice.