The Green Gown Awards are among the key initiatives enabling universities to showcase their climate innovation. As such, it is a fantastic achievement for everyone connected to the University of Plymouth to win new awards acknowledging both our actions and ongoing ambition. We are fully committed to helping the country achieve its net zero targets through our research, education and innovation, from developing the technologies that will drive the offshore renewable energy revolution to educating the next generation of global citizens. These successes, coupled with the recent verification of our carbon neutral status, are much deserved recognition of our continued efforts.
Judith Petts CBE
Vice-Chancellor and Chair of the Universities UK Climate Task and Finish Group
- £14.5million project creates a new home for the Plymouth Business School 26 January 2024
- Sustainable heating system advances University’s decarbonisation drive 25 January 2024
- Reuse saves £60,000 in just one year 9 January 2024
- Concessionary bus travel has fallen by a third following COVID-19 pandemic 20 December 2023
- University launches Sustainability Solutions to secure a greener, cleaner future 15 December 2023