The University of Plymouth sits on the idyllic South Devon coastline at the very centre of the city of Plymouth.
One of the largest universities in the region, our growing international community is made up of 2000 students from over 100 different countries.
Subject-specific international summer schools are becoming an established part of the University and each year we build on this to deliver an ever more successful suite of programmes.
Experience education in England
Find out what it is like to be a student in Plymouth and explore our culture and heritage through an international summer school programme.
You will be introduced to subjects and ideas you may not have come across before, within a friendly and supportive environment.
Our friendly Student Ambassadors will be with you during your stay, helping you to explore Plymouth and explaining more about the University and life in the UK.
Discover the University of Plymouth campus and explore our beautiful city with our virtual tour!
Our new 360 degree virtual tour lets you experience our campus and city first-hand — and gives you the opportunity to explore the environments and facilities that inspire and shape our learning every day.
10 – 30 July 2023
The Peninsula Medical School (PMS) International Summer School is an opportunity for international students with a good command of the English Language, who have completed at least two years of an undergraduate Medicine degree to join us for a three-week programme in July 2023 at the University of Plymouth.
Fee: £2,250.00 GBP
Applications for International Medical Students are now closed for 2023. If you would like to apply for the 2024 programme, you can submit an application using the form below.
Applications for International Medical Graduates will remain open until the end of May 2023 – please apply using the form below.
Plymouth Institute of Education – International Summer School (2 weeks)
10 – 23 July 2023
The Plymouth Institute of Education International Summer School is an opportunity for international students, with a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, who are studying or have completed an undergraduate Education degree to join us for a two-week programme in July 2023 at the University of Plymouth.
Fee: £1,800.00 GBP
Applications for the 2023 programme are now closed.
*All 2023 Summer School Programmes are subject to minimum numbers.
Summer school fees
The Summer School Fee includes:
- Academic programme including all study materials
- En-suite bedroom in our student halls of residence
- Breakfast and Lunch (Monday - Friday)
- Weekend Trip to London with 2 nights’ accommodation (course dependant)
- Day trips exploring the local area
- Group Transfers from London Heathrow Airport to Plymouth on arrival
- Group Transfers to London Heathrow Airport on departure
- Certificate of Attendance
The Summer School Fee does not include:
- Return flights to London Heathrow Airport
- Visa Application Fees
- Evening & Weekend Meals or Meals in London
- Spending Money
How to apply
- Are you over the age of 18?
- Do you have a good command of the English language?
- Do you meet the criteria for your choice of course from the list above?
- Would you like to study at the University of Plymouth this summer?
If so, please download the relevant Application Form for your course of choice and send, along with any required supporting documents to email@example.com.